Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Education outside the box


Traveler, there is no road.
The road is made as one walks
Antonio Machada

Among the many other principles that my parents instilled in us, it would have to be exploring and discovering the world that made such a huge impact in my life. We are blessed for opportunities to learn about other countries not just through books or stories but through real life experiences. Thank you to my dearest Mama and Papa for taking us to awesome adventures.

Studying and living abroad has enabled me to look at the world with the third lens. It has given me such an excitement to know more about other cultures but more importantly, to appreciate my very own.

When I came back to the Philippines a few months ago, I told myself that it would take me a long time before I would leave this country again. Homesick, perhaps, but there is really something about home that draws you to it. Some friends have invited me for a quick vacation outside the country but I instead suggested that it would
be more worthwhile to tour the Philippines.

Honestly, I wanted to take a break from traveling. In the past two years, I have lived a commuter life. A fast-paced one, day in and day out. I took the public transportation to anywhere that my feet would take me- to school, to work, to adventures. Tiring most of the time, but they were outstanding experiences. And so, I have postponed any vacation for next year.

Apparently, my timeline didn't work out the way I planned it out. Thanks to PAL for their frequent flyer deals. I learned that I need to avail of my miles before they all expire. So, in a month's time, I will be going on a vacation to a country that I have always wanted to visit. Perhaps, it's because of my heritage or maybe, it's just simply, my love for their food and (Jet Li) haha:)

Truly, Once a traveler, always a traveler.
:)




No comments: