Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In God's hands



This was the last picture that I took a few months back.

Yes, I cried over it a few times. But hearing such comforting words from loved ones and just gaining encouragement from the Lord, I have learned that nothing is under my control.

The Lord gives and He takes away. There is always something good beneath all of this and beyond.

I am trying to see the bigger picture. Slowly, I am understanding it.

Lord, I am learning that my commitment to my future husband is what truly matters.

There will be greater losses in the future. More daunting than these. How do I react to these things when they come?

Everything is a bonus from you, Lord. I must admit that we get easily blown off by material things, by things that shine. Yet, they fade away too.

I might have gotten too focused on the planning, that I have forgotten what matters the most- that God controls everything. He is the ultimate planner.

Maybe this was a good pause. It was the perfect time to think through things, to reflect, and to see what truly is important in our relationship.

In everything, give thanks to God.

No comments: