Monday, February 8, 2010

journal.

I do keep a journal. It is where I write down my dreams. I write down anything and everything I wish for and that I long for. Last year, I wrote down my wish list in terms of my professional career. I enumerated things that I want to accomplish and eventually experience as an early childhood educator.

I remember writing down wish # _________. The other day, I went back and read it again. I scratched my head, wondering how in the world that could happen. tsk. tsk. I pondered and told myself, maybe in time, maybe in time.

I received a call the other day. That call meant fulfilling that particular wish. God, what are you trying to tell me, now?

You win, Lord. Not my time table. I never expected that wish would ever be granted that soon.

I was humbled. I was reminded that my goal in life is not to gain comfort in this world, rather, it is to serve others in order to glorify God.

William Glasser wrote, "We learn...10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 30% of what we see, 50% of what we hear and see, 70% of what we discuss with others, 80% of what we experience, 95% of what we teach other".

I have always believed that the measure of your knowledge and expertise in the field lies in how well you are able to teach it to others.

A wish granted. An opportunity given once. Should I grab it?

Yes. I am going for it. Thank you Lord.

You sure know what's best.


No comments: