Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The sense of wonder...

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
-Albert Einstein

Wonder. I remember seeing my toddler students' eyes light up every time they see a bug crawling on the sand.
Wonder. I remember hearing the five-year old boys in my class screaming excitedly when they see the raindrops dripping on our school window pane.
Wonder. I remember peddling the bicycle while my three year old student sat on my lap and she later exclaimed, "Wow. Look at the water flowing from the side tracks."

It's saddening that as we grow older, that child-like character slowly fades.
Have we become too busy that we no longer recognize the beauty of His creation?
Have we become discontent with the simplicity of life that we crave for more "exciting" things?
Stuff bought, stuff invented, stuff that limit our attention and box our creativity?

Do you still wonder and gaze at His beauty?

My hope is that we would never lose that sense of wonder in our lives.



No comments: