Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Working with all your heart:)

This is an excerpt from the book, Now what? God's guide to Life for Graduates by John Ortberg. I got this copy from Ross, one of my favorite stores in L.A. The moment I read the first few pages, I knew that I shouldn't let go of this book. Why? Because it transformed my perspective and attitude towards my work and why my work truly matters to God. It instilled the values of excellence and joy in what I am passionate for.

Read on...

Work in itself is a part of what God does. God creates and he made us in his image to do work, to create. That's a real good thing. And God says over and over again in the Scripture, "I want you to excel at what you do. I want you to abound. I want you to take the gifts and talents that I've given you and develop into the fullest potential you're capable of. I want you to discover the deepest passions that are hardwired into you, and I want you to fan them into flames. I want you to make a difference in this world."

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might" -Ecclesiastes 9:10.

The very best thing we can hope for is, when we get to the end of our lives, to be able to say to God, "I abounded in the work you gave me
to do. It may or may not have looked impressive to other people. It wasn't perfect by a long shot. But whatever my hands found for me to do, I really did try to do with all my might..."

"He sought his God and worked wholeheartedly, And so he prospered"- 2 Chronicles 31:21.

(Ortberg, 2004, p. 11-12)





No comments: